- Safety comes first and each reenactor participating in the
battles must be aware of basic safety regulations.
- Every unit is expected to make safety issues a part of their
basic training program and review their safety program throughout
- New recruits may have missed the safety review and for
that reason each new recruit must be familiar with and be able to
pass the New Recruit Test for their arm of the army before being
allowed to take the field for a battle.
- The tests differ slightly in that they have some questions
specific to either Cavalry, Infantry, or Artillery.
- Other questions may be found on all tests as they pertain to
- Unit commanders are to print out the appropriate tests and
bring the blank copies to the event for their men to fill out when
on site. Do not rely on battalion, brigade or division leadership to
have copies for your use. Again, it is your responsibility to bring
blank copies to the event.
- Anyone not passing the test, or not able to take the test
because their company/unit commander did not bring copies to the
event, will not be allowed on the field.
- If you or anyone in your unit intends on bringing a pistol
onto the field, read the Pistol Check Policy below
- DO NOT IGNORE THIS! Failure to be familiar with these
regulations, procedures, including the Pistol Check Policy will slow
down the smoothly run safety regulation program we have been using
for several years. Be proactive and get these things taken care of
beforehand, rather than be the man or unit that delays the scenario
from starting, or worse yet, prevents a soldier from taking the
field because his unit commander did not take the time to read this
information. We require 100% compliance when it comes to YOUR